Staying motivated during the holiday months can be rough. With all the gatherings, traveling, yummy food and holiday cocktails, not to mention the freezing temps, & lack of sunlight (Chicago gals- we know you can relate- BRR!) making time for the gym often times falls to the sidelines. This holiday season, I’m trying to stay in some what of a fitness routine! There’s no denying it- when I’m more consistent with my workouts, I’m less stressed, have clearer skin, and feel 10x better in my jeans than when I’m not.
If there’s one thing that makes going to the gym a liiiittle less painless, it’s some cute new athletic wear! It may seem like an excuse to purchase some new digs, but it seems to work so I’m all for it 🙂 I was in need of some winter workout attire, and love this “Shine bright” sweatshirt and leggings by CALIA By Carrie.
If you’re like us, and are in need of some motivation, here are some other manageable tips to follow to help you stay on track with your fitness goals!
1. Drink lots of water– This is literally the easiest thing to do but I bet most of us aren’t drinking enough of it. I recently got a YETI and am obsessed with it. I can’t get over how well they work! Now that its getting cold, I love having a cup of hot water with lemon and honey first thing in the morning- before having my morning coffee!
2. Avoid snacking after 8pm- This one is hard. I’m such a snacker! I try to cook a protein filled dinner so I don’t feel like grazing (as much) at night. I also love keeping Dove’s dark chocolates on hand for an after dinner indulgence. I always crave something sweet and this helps curb that craving without completely scarfing down a package of Oreos. 🙂
3. Find an exercise you actually enjoy– After feeling like I was in a fitness rut for months I decided to sign up for Corepower yoga. I am much more motivated in a group class setting & if there is an instructor to push me than when I go to the gym on my own. Keep trying difference exercises or classes until you find one that sticks! Groupon is always a great go to when you’re ready to try something new!
4. Everything in moderation(yes, even working out!)- Nothing derails me from my fitness goals than feeling like I “failed” if I don’t manage to make it to the gym everyday. Let’s face it, thinking I am going to work out every day is just unrealistic. So instead of coming up with excuses for why I can’t make it, I plan what days I am going to workout in advance. Staying active feels a lot less daunting and less like a chore when you do it in moderation (unless you live for the gym life, in that case go for it :)).
5. Don’t deprive yourself- This kind of piggy backs off #4. Life is too short not to eat the cake. So eat the cake!
Shop some of our other favorite athlesiure wear from Calia by Carrie!