Staying motivated during the holiday months can be rough. With all the gatherings, traveling, yummy food and holiday cocktails, not to mention the freezing temps, & lack of sunlight (Chicago gals- we know you can relate- BRR!) making time for the gym often times falls to the sidelines. This holiday season, I’m trying to stay in some what of a fitness routine! There’s no denying it- when I’m more consistent with my workouts, I’m less stressed, have clearer skin, and feel 10x better in my jeans than when I’m not.
If there’s one thing that makes going to the gym a liiiittle less painless, it’s some cute new athletic wear! It may seem like an excuse to purchase some new digs, but it seems to work so I’m all for it 🙂 I was in need of some winter workout attire, and love this “Shine bright” sweatshirt and leggings by CALIA By Carrie.
If you’re like us, and are in need of some motivation, here are some other manageable tips to follow to help you stay on track with your fitness goals!
1. Drink lots of water– This is literally the easiest thing to do but I bet most of us aren’t drinking enough of it. I recently got a YETI and am obsessed with it. I can’t get over how well they work! Now that its getting cold, I love having a cup of hot water with lemon and honey first thing in the morning- before having my morning coffee!
2. Avoid snacking after 8pm- This one is hard. I’m such a snacker! I try to cook a protein filled dinner so I don’t feel like grazing (as much) at night. I also love keeping Dove’s dark chocolates on hand for an after dinner indulgence. I always crave something sweet and this helps curb that craving without completely scarfing down a package of Oreos. 🙂
3. Find an exercise you actually enjoy– After feeling like I was in a fitness rut for months I decided to sign up for Corepower yoga. I am much more motivated in a group class setting & if there is an instructor to push me than when I go to the gym on my own. Keep trying difference exercises or classes until you find one that sticks! Groupon is always a great go to when you’re ready to try something new!
4. Everything in moderation(yes, even working out!)- Nothing derails me from my fitness goals than feeling like I “failed” if I don’t manage to make it to the gym everyday. Let’s face it, thinking I am going to work out every day is just unrealistic. So instead of coming up with excuses for why I can’t make it, I plan what days I am going to workout in advance. Staying active feels a lot less daunting and less like a chore when you do it in moderation (unless you live for the gym life, in that case go for it :)).
5. Don’t deprive yourself- This kind of piggy backs off #4. Life is too short not to eat the cake. So eat the cake!
Shop some of our other favorite athlesiure wear from Calia by Carrie!
TGIF! What are you girls up to this weekend? For once we have zero plans/commitments this weekend and I am sooooo looking forward to relaxing and not doing a thing 🙂 If you’re like me and getting a jump start on holiday shopping, or if you’re just looking for some retail therapy (lol!) you wont’t want to miss out on these amazing sales! We have sifted through all of the current Deals & Steals to make shopping easier for you! Let us know if any of the below pieces found their way to your cart & happy shopping! As always, if you have any retailers you would like us to feature next week, or items in particular you are shopping for, let us know if the comments below! We love hearing from you all!
Nordstrom is having a Fall Sale and the discounts are too good to pass up!
The Loft is having yet another 40% off sale!! Use code: HAPPY for discounts at checkout! (Prices below do not reflect discount)
Target is discounting select outwear by 20%! Great time to stock up on some statement wear that you wouldn’t want to splurge on (think trendier pieces). See our favorites below!
New discounted items currently on sale from Anthropologie! Can you believe this denim jacket is under $50?? Also take 20% off full priced home items!
Take 40% off everything store wide at Express! So many good dress that would be perfect for upcoming holiday parties! I love Express jeans and they rarely go on sale so I will definitely be ordering a pair (okay, or two:))
Major discounts on designer items that don’t go on sale too often at Dillard’s! Dying over those leopard booties that I am convinced I need! 🙂
Take 20-50% off select items at Bloomingdales! Also receive double points if you are a card member on select items! Here are our favorites.
In classic Midwest fashion, fall has come and gone and the cold fronts are in full force! Seriously why does Fall have to be so short?? This past weekend we got a taste of the cooler weather (of course just in time for all the Halloween festivities! ugh!) It was so cold I busted out my Uggs! My boyfriend was less than thrilled haha he calls them “ugglies” but warmth over style right??? Well, most of the time 🙂 Anyways, I wanted to share this fall layered look with you all!
I gave into the cold weather and finally unpacked all my winter clothes that were in storage and moved all my cozy knits into my closet including this caramel sweater I recently picked up (under $40!). It is so warm and soft, and love the neutral color that goes with just about anything! I purchased a Medium (for sizing reference) so that I could wear it with leggings (#priorities lol). I paired it with this scarf (under $20!) and this messenger bag (currently on sale for 70% off! Under $20!). I have been living inthesemules and probably will until snow hits the ground! Fingers crossed that won’t be too soon.
I love dressing up plain sweaters and layering them with scarfs- aaaand they double as a throw if you get cold lol! H&M has so many good one’s to pick from. I also purchased thisscarf and have this one from last season (if you need a large warm one to wear with a winter coat I highly recommend- its huge!).
Happy Tuesday! We have sifted through the ongoing sales to show you gals our favorite Deals & Steals and (hopefully) make shopping easier for you! If there is a particular retailer you would like us to include next week or specific items you are looking for let us know!! Happy shopping:)
Loft– The Loft sale seems to be never ending and we are not complaining! The discounts just keep coming and they are too good pass up! Sweaters discounted to $40 and under! See our favorites below.
Nordstrom– So many new sweaters added to the sale list at Nordstrom. Shop our favorites below- all under $50!
J. Crew– Take 25% off all orders in store and online! This is a great time to purchase classic items (as the price point is a bit higher). We love these items below!
Express– Express is offering 30% off dresses and outerwear. Love these dresses for an affordable holiday option (cannot believe its already that time of year!).
Revolve- Revolve discounted several new items under their sale tab online. Here are our favorites under $100!
Macy’s– Take an additional 20% off of select items with the code: BDAY. Prices below do not reflect the discount taken at the register.
Urban Outfitters– Take 25% off all graphic tees, 50% off winter accessories, + several other new discounted items! See our picks below.
We hope you ladies enjoyed this week’s Deals & Steals. Let us know if anything made it’s way into your cart!
Hope everyone had a fun & relaxing weekend. Today we are sharing amazing dupes to help you get the designer look for less! Whether your on a budget, or can’t be trusted with nice things (guilty as charged! LOL) these bags will help you achieve the designer look for wayyyyy less. I seriously cannot believe how good some of these are! I recently purchased this Gucci dupe and love being able to bring it out on the town without having to worry about it getting dirty or left behind. I will warn that the sizing is a little different (the dupe runs bigger) and materials are not genuine leather however, it gets the job done:)
Here are some of my other favorite designer look-alike’s! All dupes listed are under $100. Links are below to shop!